Saturday, December 16, 2006

Uxbridge English Dictionary

This week I've been configuring a farm of vanilla FreeBSD servers in London, using remote connections. One thing I've had to do is set up jails and restrict login access. If you make a mistake, and I made a couple, you can lock yourself out. The sensible thing, of course, is to cron a script to revert the settings five minutes later, and kill it if it isn't needed, but I wasn't sensible every time, so I had to drive down to London twice to type three words at the console, then drive back.

On the way, I played the I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue game Uxbridge English Dictionary - thinking up new definitions for old words. My favourites so far are:

badger - even more like a badge

aadvark - the kind of vark you'd hate to meet in a dark alley

oxymoron - a stupid person who is a bit like an ox

UPDATE: fish - quite like the letter "f"

No comments: