Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Holding up a mirror

The Arabist reports:

we have early warning in this case, and we should take advantage of it. A list of the URLs the judge is asking the government to censor follows. Since a court has yet to rule on whether these are libelous, archiving them in Egypt may be risky. So people outside of Egypt who might be interested in hosting mirrors, here are the urls. They include the sites of some of the most prominent human rights organizations in Egypt
I'm happy to mirror them in my rack in a London data centre. What I'm less able to do is afford the extra bandwidth and, possibly, machines myself (I generally host anything on at least two replicated machines, for load bearing and redundancy).

Anyone care to contribute? The donate button is on the sidebar.

No comments: