Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is a dream a lie?

So there you are, busking with your twelve string outside a subway station in Copenhagen, and you're playing a Bruce Springsteen song, and along comes this guy with a guitar in a case, and he wants to play along. And he's Bruce Springsteen:



Click here and you'll find more - Springsteen played a long set. He was - if you'll excuse me - on fire.

The River is a great song. "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?" If you don't know the answer to that, you've never dreamed.

Here he is when this was raw - 1985:

1 comment:

Paul E. said...

I was busking in Leicester Square tube station many years ago (1987 or 8 I think?) doing a Steve Earle song (Hillbilly Highway) and a yank stopped and joined in on the chorus.

When I'd finished, he told me he was one of The Dukes.

I never saw them, so I don't know if he was telling the truth.