Saturday, February 07, 2009

Obama boycotted

Diane McDaniels, whose son was killed in the Cole bombing, also declined an invitation to meet the president, saying she was too disillusioned with Obama for dropping the charges.

"My son was blown up along with 16 others. I buried body parts for three years," she told FOX News. "I'm still suffering and now he's withdrawing the charges?

"There's nothing he can say to make me feel better," she explained, adding that Obama is sending the wrong message to the American people. "He may be the president but he's wrong."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Whilst one can sympathise with her in her grief. I cannot accept that accused people should be tried by secret military tribunal in military bases. If we do then it will be justice denied.

Peter Risdon said...

Yes, I agree with you.

I found this interesting in terms of perception management, for want of a better term. Obama won't want these sorts of incidents to colour perceptions of his presidency.

Wyrdtimes said...

Your very quiet on the Geert Wilders situation... what do you reckon?

Isn't it time for another freedom of speech campaign?

Anonymous said...

Only freedom of speech can explain a name like Geert Wilders.