Thursday, February 14, 2008

Elvis threatened

So a veteran Nessie hunter has quit:

World War II veteran Robert has devoted almost half his life to scouring Loch Ness.

Despite having hundreds of sonar contacts over the years, the trail has since gone cold and Rines believes that Nessie may be dead, a victim of global warming.
A commentator remarks:
I fear unless we curb the warming soon, it may also claim the lives of Bigfoot and Elvis.
Sadly, scepticism - even denial - seems to have afflicted the Scots. The other comment at the foot of this article reads:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nessie was supposed to be a dinosaur that somehow survived. And now, supposedly was killed by Global warming?

So it's hotter now than is comfortable for a dinosaur. Hotter than the Mesozoic era I guess. Odd that nobody noticed that.

I've run out of goat entrails and my scrying pool needs cleaning; so I can't reproduce the "science" used to make this claim; but I think the conclusion may be faulty.

No comments: