Thursday, February 14, 2008

Elvis threatened

So a veteran Nessie hunter has quit:

World War II veteran Robert has devoted almost half his life to scouring Loch Ness.
[...]

Despite having hundreds of sonar contacts over the years, the trail has since gone cold and Rines believes that Nessie may be dead, a victim of global warming.
A commentator remarks:
I fear unless we curb the warming soon, it may also claim the lives of Bigfoot and Elvis.
Sadly, scepticism - even denial - seems to have afflicted the Scots. The other comment at the foot of this article reads:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nessie was supposed to be a dinosaur that somehow survived. And now, supposedly was killed by Global warming?

So it's hotter now than is comfortable for a dinosaur. Hotter than the Mesozoic era I guess. Odd that nobody noticed that.

I've run out of goat entrails and my scrying pool needs cleaning; so I can't reproduce the "science" used to make this claim; but I think the conclusion may be faulty.

No comments: