Saturday, February 17, 2007

The nervousness of the lambs

For reasons that might become evident in a future post (given my blogging record recently I feel I need to hedge this), I was looking up the religious attitude that heterosexual and homosexual relationships are not "equally valid".

From Christian Answers, I learned:

The Greek word arsenokoitai used in 1 Timothy 1:10 literally means 'men who sleep with men'.
Hardly needs translation, really.

Catholic Education makes the modest claim that:
The Torah's prohibition of non-marital sex quite simply made the creation of Western civilization possible... It ensured that sex no longer dominated society
As you will no doubt have noticed.

I then encountered Mikail Juma Tariq's sobering essay Islam and Homosexuality, which informs us, among other things, that:
Everywhere sheep or goats are kept, they are used for sex

No comments: