Friday, May 01, 2009

Locusts

Browsing though YouTube, I came across this version of A Whiter Shade of Pale:



And the most recent comment was this:

Oh does this bring back memories of Pam and my love for her. 40 years later I still love her and only wish I had not had to go into the army, as I lost her then. Not her fault. I told her to go live her life as I might never come back. When I came back I wanted to play for a time and be irresponsible and I did just that. She finished college and got married . We met at our 40th class reunion last summer and our eyes told us both that we were still madly in love. We both departed with sad eyes.
There are the eyes we all have, the same ones we had as teenagers looking at taut skin on our hands, now looking at the liver spots and wondering where did those years go, the ones that the locusts ate.

1 comment:

dearieme said...

The older I get, the more persuaded I am that it was cribbed from Bach. But Wikipedia swears that it wasn't; in the style of, no doubt, but not nicked.